|Painted siding - ready for installation!|
Saturday, February 21, 2015
|Sunset over SoCal from the bridge wing - Feb 2015|
|Siding in route to the farm - very slowly...|
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Mike, the Tumbleweed driver, suggested getting the porch weatherproofed first - so that was the project I tackled today!
- big brush for fast application on large surfaces
- washing deck in the morning so that the sun dried it out by afternoon
- figuring out how the well water worked and how to attach a hose to the valve.
- getting my car unpacked while the first round of stain dried
- getting 90% of the stain on the wood (10% on me...)
Not so much successes:
- going to home depot with no list
- great large paint brush too big for stain can opening
- the space under the trailer is tiny (about 2 feet), making the washing and staining process under the porch more exciting.
- Lots of drips.
- toilet, I advise having a toilet plan before you commit to an all day building project.
A shout out to my friends and family back home in Iowa. Thank you so much for all of the kind words of encouragement. No matter where the Navy takes me I will always be an Iowan!
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Finally, right after the sun went down, my barn raiser pulled onto the ranch. Mike from Tumbleweed drove out from Colorado towing my trailer. It was suppose to arrive this morning but due to many crazy happenings (including a flat tire) it was a bit late.
Thank you to the San Diego Tiny House Enthusiasts for having a BBQ with my while I waiting anxiously and to Kate, Alex, and Ashley for all of the moral support!
Sunday, February 1, 2015
|Finally empty apartment - good bye south park!|
Please let me know if you want to come take a look! I will start hosting BBQs on the weekend and small working parties.